|Dollar Store Sock into Burp Cloth|
Even baby needs a festive St. Patty's day accessory!!
My local Dollar Tree had some adorable little St. Patrick's day socks, which were my inspiration.
|St. Patrick's Day Sock from Dollar Tree|
1. Sew a piece of ribbon to the bottom of the burp cloth, if desired.
2. Cut the top and bottom off of the sock.
|Dollar Store Sock to Burp Cloth - Cut off top & bottom|
3. Make a cut down the center of the back, so that sock will be a rectangle, rather than an arm band shape. Note: the sock will curl up at this point, but that is OK. Once it is sewn, that curl will give you that nifty, rough edge.
Note: I did not trim to size until after I sewed the patch in place.
4. Begin sewing the sock to the burp cloth. I hand stitched so that I would have full control and be able to keep the sock straight. However, a good seamstress could probably do that with a sewing machine....but good seamstress, I am not. :)
5. Sew all four edges.
6. Trim edges. I left about 1/4 to 1/2 inch beyond the seam.
|Burp Cloth Made from Dollar Store Sock|
Now your favorite baby is ready to celebrate the Luck O' the Irish with their very own burp cloth!
Today I am linking up with some amazing craft bloggers, so click the pictures below to see their great projects.