Tuesday

Cupcake Baby Shower



A couple of weekends ago, I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend of mine.  Cupcakes seemed to be a theme throughout her pregnancy.  For example, they used cupcakes with pink icing inside to reveal to the other kids that they were having a girl, and when they let the kids loose to pick out a new outfit for baby Emma, they decided on an outfit that had a cupcake on it.  All of this left me with no doubt in my mind that the theme should be cupcakes.

 Special Gift for Emma's Sisters and Brother

"Big Sister" & "Big Brother" Buttons made from Dollar Tree Buttons

Dollar Tree buttons for siblings of the new baby
Since Emma's sisters were going to be at the shower, I wanted to do a little something special for them.  At the Dollar Tree, I found 3 "Make Your Own Buttons" for $1.  They were just what I needed.  Each one said, "Emma's Big Sister" and went with the color scheme and cupcake theme.  Since these could also be used later at the hospital, I didn't want to exclude the Big Brother who would not be attending the shower.  In order to make it more masculine, his had a super hero.

Decorations & Favors

Flowery cupcake lip gloss from Michaels as favors

At Michaels, I found a great sale in the discount bins.  Lucky for me, one of the items was flower, cupcake lip gloss!!



Cupcake Soaps & Lip Gloss





Since I had added "flowers" to the cupcakes, I also found flower soaps in the bin that I put inside cupcake wrappers.  They were the perfect colors too.  I took tiered serving dishes and placed each lip gloss and soap on one of the trays.  They became decorations that doubled as favors.  I warned people as we opened the buffet that they weren't edible and then had them pick one out as a favor when they left.  For the kids' favors, I bought candy filled Easter eggs that were shaped like cupcakes for them to take home.
Cupcake Baby Shower





At Marshals, I found Cupcake wrapping paper  that had all the right colors, which I used as the  table runner.  I placed flower ball ornaments inside candle holders to look like cupcakes and added them to the cupcake candles, a wooden "E" for Emma,  and draping, pink tulle which was used to accent the food table.  I made a banner that said "Emma Belle" (stay tuned for that tutorial soon) as an addition to the cupcake buffet.  Plus,  I found cupcake window clings and cardboard cupcakes from the Dollar Tree to accent the French doors behind the food table, the doors, and the mailbox.

 Desserts

Since we had a cupcake theme, I had two choices for the cake - a cupcake cake or cupcakes.  I decided BOTH!  I told the local bakery about the flower/cupcake lip glosses and they were happy to accommodate by giving their cupcakes a flowery feel.  I sent them a photo of a cupcake cake that I found on Hostess with the Mostess so that they could copy it as well.  They were all delicious and looked adorable!!

Cupcake Buffet with Cupcake Cake
Food

Since the shower was at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, we decided to do snack-like foods to go with all of the cupcakes.  We served ham & cheese sandwiches, mac & cheese cupcakes (recipe from Macaroni & Cheesecake Blog - this recipe is always a hit!!), a sandwich loaf (stay tuned for that recipe too), chips & hummus, a grapes & strawberries tray, nuts, M&M's, sorbet punch, waters, and sodas.

Cupcake Baby Shower Food

Invitations

As I revealed weeks ago (you can find that post here), even the invitations had cupcakes on them and said:

Babycake Emma Bell ______
is due in May.
We would like to welcome her
in a Special Way.

The shower was full of excitement and gifts!  Now we just can't wait for Baby Emma to get here and put everything to good use.  Congratulations, Melissa & family!!  Thanks so much for allowing us to host your big event!!

Cupcake Baby Shower Gift Table


Niki

**Please come connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus Twitter**


3 comments:

Unknown said...

those flower cupcakes are gorgeous! So pretty Niki

Niki said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer!! It was so much fun to plan it!! Thanks for visiting commenting.

Unknown said...

Niki this was just adorable!!! Love all the colors!