|Sand Stenciled Candle Before and After|
I have to confess, I love taking what I already have on hand and making it better. So, I was really excited when Amy from Mod Podge Rocks sent me some of her new adhesive stencils to try. I immediately started thinking of things that I could transform. I finally decided on my plain ol' tapered candles.
|Sand Stenciled Candle|
Since the stencils are made for mod podging things like glitter, I decided to use some chocolate-colored sand that I had left over from my wedding...I knew it would come in handy!!
So here's how you do it:
|Supplies needed for stenciled candle|
Mod Podge Rocks Stencil
|Adhere the stencil and sponge on the Mod Podge|
1. Adhere the stencil to the candle.
2. Sponge the Mod Podge into the holes on the stencil.
|Add Sand to Mod Podged Candle|
3. Remove stencil. This part is important. On another project I forgot to remove the stencil, and it didn't work quite as well.
4. Put the sand (or glitter) on the Mod Podge. It is recommended to use a puffer to shoot the sand onto the Mod Podge, but since I didn't have one, I went old school and pinched and sprinkled.
5. Let dry.
|Before and After Stenciled Candle|
6. Brush away the excess sand.
Just like that, you're candle is transformed from plain to pretty!
Such an easy, quick craft. I have a feeling kids would love doing this too, so pick something to stencil and have FUN!!
Happy Crafting & Stenciling!