|Craft Room Decorating Tour|
We just moved, and I am so excited to organize and decorate our new place. So, when Angie from The Country Chic Cottage invited me to be a part of her tour of craft rooms, I really wanted to participate and thought it would be great motivation for getting things in order.
Although taking pics of this U-shaped closet is not easy, here is the overall look now:
|The Office Closet - My Craft Space|
And here is the extremely embarrassing before - I feel compelled to remind you that we JUST moved in.
|My Craft Closet Before the Makeover|
To sum up what I did in my craft closet space:
|Craft Room Cubes|
1. White cubed shelving makes up the lower portion of the main half of the craft closet.
2. I used a variety of brightly colored organizers to brighten up the space and keep things organized. Most of the organizers came from the Dollar Tree, other than the pink, blue & pink polka dotted pieces which I got at a craft store - Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's, I think.
3. White & Clear plastic drawers were placed on the bottom shelf above the cubes to organize additional supplies. I dressed up the front of the drawers by placing scrapbook paper inside.
4. White star tablecloth weights from the Dollar Tree were then clipped to each drawer and labeled with a dry erase marker to identify the contents of each drawer.
5. The very top shelf (boy those 9 to 10 ft. ceilings came in handy) has some hanging shelves attached, which I believe came from Target. I used them for additional boxes of things like ribbons - the really tiny ones.
6. On top of the shelf, I placed the things that I used less often.
|Craft Room Closet|
7. In the nook adjacent to the cubes, I placed two cabinet/chests on top of each other. These will hopefully get makeovers soon. :)
8. Above the cabinets, I placed two shower curtain tension rods which hold all of my "normal sized" spools of ribbon. Now I can easily pull and clip what I need.
9. I have a couple walls and the back of the door which I used for cork boards and my to-do list clipboard.
10. The other half of the closet contains a cabinet where I keep paints, containers, and more. Plus, it is where I store decorative serving pieces for parties, a bin of gift bands, and I hang my tablecloths.
|Our Office - where I craft.|
The office pictured above is where you can find the craft closet. So most of my actual crafting takes place there, but I have not yet decorated it. This is how it stands with our furniture and random other things moved in there.
I have so many plans for the office and craft closet!! As I get them accomplished, I will post them here or on my YouTube channel - The Niki Channel. So, please make sure you subscribe because the best is yet to come. :)
Head on over to The Country Chic Cottage, where you can find more craft spaces from bloggers like me.
Since I'm the last one for Day 2, you might want to start working your way backwards by visiting the DIY Showoff.
Please visit and follow me here too:
Also sharing atFrugal Crafty Home & Inspire Me Monday.