|Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken, Sweet Potato Souffle & Salad|
I just want to quickly share a few recipes that I tried for the first time this week. They are SO easy...and healthy too!!! I mustn't forget the fact that they are Gluten-Free!
Lemon Garlic Chicken
The first is a Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe that I found on Cooking Light's website. Here's the link to the full recipe - they call it Lemon Grilled Chicken Breasts.
I made a few adjustments to the original recipe:
Swapped Chicken Tenders for the Chicken Breast Halves
Baked Instead of Grilled - I went by the baking time on the package of chicken.
Sweet Potato Soufle - 3 Servings
3 Sweet Potatoes, unpeeled
Agave Nectar (You could substitute another sweetener, like honey, sugar, raw sugar, etc.)
Caramelized Pecans, chopped (I found at Whole Foods, but you could make your own.)
As for the Sweet Potato Souffle, I came up with this recipe. Based on the fact that sweet potatoes vary in size, I recommend just adjusting the amount of each ingredient with the "age old" taste test method.
1. Pierce each potato with a fork a couple times on each side.
2. Place potatoes in foil-lined baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
3. Slice potatoes open and scoop contents into a mixing bowl.
4. Add almond milk, a splash of vanilla flavoring, and agave nectar to taste.
5. Mix by hand or with a mixer based on preferred texture.
6. Pour mixture into buttered or sprayed, small casserole dish.
7. Place marshmallows on the top toward the center and sprinkle pecans around the outer edge.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 more minutes.
I served the chicken and sweet potatoes with an arugula salad containing strawberries and a sweet lime vinaigrette.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did! Have a great day!!