|Vintage Party Decor|
A vintage birthday party is a fun spin for an over the hill party.When my sister turned 40, we knew we had to celebrate in style, but as her little sis, I knew I didn't want to cross the line from fun to making too much fun. So, I decided to decorate with beautiful vintage pieces to create a party that had both humor and was as glamorous as she is. There are so many ways you can create Vintage Party Decor. I started by getting inspired on pinterest and then looking around the house for accessories like burlap, lace, birdhouses, teapots and more.
|This vintage themed adult birthday party has glamor and humor.|
Finding Inspiration for a vintage themed birthday party.
1. Free vintage party printables are a great place to start when creating party decorations and inspiring a color palette for your vintage vignette. The vintage bicycle printable that says, "Love the journey!" was a great start. Click the picture below to be redirected to 36th avenue to choose your printable of choice.
|Courtesy of 36th Avenue - Click to be redirected.|
2. Vintage candies from back in the day make great decorations. I used wax bottle candies, cracker jacks, and candy cigarettes as the centerpiece for the kids table. It was festive party decor that was practical and affordable.
3. Vintage fabrics and textures make a fabulous background for all the vintage accessories. Burlap, linen, paper doilies, crocheted fabrics and lace were mixed in as coasters, table runners and more. Fabric layering adds interest to your table decor for any party, especially one with a vintage theme.
4. Vintage clocks, flowers, boxes, picture frames, tea sets, silver trays and mason jars add the final touch to your party decor. Strategically place them in the center of your table, on the food buffet, and surrounding the cake. Any empty corner gets a festive touch when you add more vintage pieces.
5. Add some real life vintage photos of the guest of honor and your party is completely personalized to add a modern twist on "Over the Hill" with this vintage birthday party decor.
Click to Follow Me on Pinterest