Tuesday

Decoden Knobs with Mod Podge Collage Clay

Decoden Kitchen Knobs with Mod Podge Collage Clay
I was compensated in exchange for this post.  However, I am completely smitten with Mod Podge Collage clay.  All crafts and opinions are my own.

Give your kitchen a delightfully decadent feel by creating decoden knobs.  Recently, I was given the opportunity to try out the new Mod Podge Collage Clay before it was even available in stores!!!  So, before I get into all the details of the awesome decoden knobs I created, I want to explain what decoden is.

Decoden is a trend that started in Japan and is all about using whipped clay to add trinkets and embellishments to everyday items, like cell phone covers or picture frames.  Don't be shy with the embellishments because when it comes to decoden, you just can't have too much bling.  You can see some other examples of decoden, over at my decoden pinterest board and at the bottom of this post.  Decoden looks so good, you just might want to eat it BUT **Please note, collage clay is not edible and is not recommended for children 12 and under.  Small parts are a choking hazard for children.

Kitchen Knobs That Look So Good You'll Want to EAT Them.

Now, let me show you how easy it is to sweeten up your kitchen or baking cupboard with decoden knobs.

Mod Podge Collage Clay Supplies

Supplies Needed (Available at Michaels)

Cabinet Knobs

Embellishments & Trinkets

1.  Gather all the embellishments, buttons, gems and trinkets you can find - you can't have too many.  Mod Podge Molds and Melts are a fun way to create pieces that perfectly match your theme.  You can use the silicone molds and a mini hot glue gun to easily make embellishments that are perfect for all your decoden projects.

Pipe on the Collage Clay

2.  Frost your cabinet knobs with Mod Podge Collage Clay.  It works just like icing and comes in two colors - Vanilla White and Strawberry Pink.  I did a few practice runs on cardboard to get in my frosting stride.  

Embellish the Collage Clay

3.  Embellish the collage clay while it is still wet.  I carved holes into styrofoam as a holder for the knobs while I embellished them.

Don't forget the glittery sprinkles

4.  Add Sprinkles.  I used little gold beads and shiny pink sand to give these decoden knobs a sprinkle effect.  Podgeable glitters are an awesome way to add just enough sparkle to any project without wasting the glitter.  You can also add collage drizzle paint to give an ooey gooey syrup look.

Sweet Cabinet Knobs

5.  Let the collage clay dry according to the directions on the box.  Then, you are ready to add them to your baking cabinet.

You don't want to miss all of the crafty Mod Podge goodness going on at Plaid, so make sure you follow along here:

*The Plaid Palette Blog          *Plaid Newsletter          *Pinterest          *Facebook     
*Instagram          *Twitter          *YouTube          *Google+

Plaid is giving away an AWESOME collage clay party pack, so click here to enter to win.

Still hungry for more decoden projects with the new Mod Podge Collage Clay?  Just click the projects below.


Mod Podge Collage Clay Projects
Happy Crafting!

Niki

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool way to use the Collage Clay! Great job!

Niki said...

Thanks, Deanna! I was looking for a unique way to decorate knobs, and the decoden seemed a perfect choice! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

Niki, what a fantastic way of using this medium. Yourknobs would be so cute on a changing table or on a dresser. Love your idea!

Niki said...

Thanks so much, Sarah! I did try them on a dresser and they were adorable. I was originally making them for.my daughter's room.

Sailorchronos said...

Wow, those look beautiful! I wouldn't have the patience to do something like that.

Niki said...

Thanks, @sailorchronos ! It is so easy!! No patience needed. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, makes me happy.

Jazmine Lopez said...

So creative. Recently I've been seeing what everyone can do with mod podge.

Niki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki said...

Thanks, Jazmine. I love.how Mod Podge has so many products that can be used in so many ways. Thx for stopping by and commenting.