Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY Styrofoam Corks

DIY Decorative Corks using Styrofoam

Learn how to turn an ordinary vase or bottle into a work of art by creating decorative corks using Styrofoam.



Later this week, I will be joining Crafty Hangouts for the #SpringHOA where Floracraft challenged a group of bloggers to create a spring inspired craft using Styrofoam cones.  You won't believe how easy and fun it is to cut, mold, paint and embellish Styrofoam!  I wanted to give you guys an advanced screening, so check it out below.  After you watch, don't forget to subscribe to The Niki Channel - where DIY comes to life.


After you subscribe to The Niki Channel, head on over to Crafty Hangouts and see more Styrofoam crafty videos.

*I received product in exchange for this video.  However, the ideas and opinions are 100% mine.

 Thanks for stopping by!

Niki

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer! They actually were really fun and easier to do than I thought, and now I have fancy bottles. :)

      Delete
  2. Fun and crunchy post, Niki! Thanks for the video tut! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! That means a lot coming from you!!!! I did have a little too much fun making this one - corny jokes and all. :)

      Delete
  3. Very cute and so creative. Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie!! I say my style is "Modern glam," so I have to add that sparkle in little pops around the room. :)

      Delete
  4. How clever! I would never have thought to make my own corks out of styrofoam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was one of those random ideas. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but it turned out great!!!

      Delete
  5. They turned out really cute. I love all your embellishment ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thanks, Leanne!! I could have come up with a million more too. :)

      Delete
  6. These are very fun. We sculpt foam a lot for theatre, so how easy for us to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! Don't forget to follow my RSS & social media sites. You can find them in the upper right hand corner.