Wednesday

Gluten Free No Bake Cookies

Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies

I know, I know.  Why is this recipe being put on the Internet again?  Hear me out.  I love looking at different versions of our grandmother's recipes because it helps me make my own recipes and it allows me to say my favorite words, "Yes, this recipe is mine."  Although I cannot technically claim this recipe, I have tweaked it to make it gluten free for my boyfriend who has Celiac Disease.  I used to think quick oats were GF, but turns out, they can be trouble for our friends with this allergy.  So I have simply substituted  quick oats for gluten free oats, which can be found in the gluten free sections of grocery stores. 

Gluten Free Cookies

What You Will Need:
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 2 tbs of cocoa (more or less, i just dip the tablespoon in and pour)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • A dash of vanilla
  • 1 spoonful of peanut butter
  • 2-3 cups of oats
What To Do:
*Note: The GF oats at your local store may have to be baked before adding to the cookies.
  1. Melt your butter.  In the pot of course.  I refuse to let you guys microwave this stuff. 
  2. Add the sugar, cocoa, and milk, then bring to a rapid boil.  THIS IS SO IMPORTANT! Let it boil for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
  3. Add peanut butter, let that melt.
  4. Add vanilla and oats, then quickly mix.
  5. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
  6. Let cool.
  7. Pour yourself a huge glass of milk.
  8. Enjoy.
  9. Go to the gym twice that day.  Seriously. 
I've had so much fun with this recipe because I don't have to measure everything perfect.  So if you're coming to the end of this entry and asking why you wasted time on a recipe you already knew, take away that not all oats are GF.  Let's keep our friends with Celiac tummy ache free! 

Gluten Free Cookies

Abby :)

If you want to add more love to your no bake cookies, checkout our post on how to make them heart shaped.
Heart Shaped No Bake Cookies


*This recipe was featured at Creative Green Living - Thanks Carissa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!! My daughter is on a gluten free diet and just this week I realized she can't have no bakes because of the quick oats. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!!

Abby said...

No problem! My heart goes out to those who have to be on GF diets! Talk about willpower! So glad you enjoyed my first post! Thanks for stopping by!

Niki said...

Thanks, Carissa, we will add your link above, as well! Your post has so many great looking gf desserts.