Wednesday

Tea Themed Birthday Party


Tea Themed Birthday Party Decorations

A couple of years ago, I hosted my Mother-In-Laws Birthday Celebration.  She has always taken joy in having tea parties with her three grand-daughters, so I thought it was only fitting that the celebration have a Tea Party theme.

Tea Party Tablescape

For guest favors, I enclosed an individual size teabag in an envelope I made from matching scrapbook paper and ribbon.  They each received a little chocolate lamb, as well. You can see the favors best in the first photo.

Tea bag shaped cookie

Also, at each place setting, I placed a teabag cookie.  It was shaped like a teabag, had a "Happy Birthday Liz" tag attached by string, and was dipped in chocolate to make it look even more like a teabag.  I got this amazing idea from Kim @ Frost Me Blog!  Checkout her blog for full details.

Teabag shaped cookie

 As for the food, I have my wonderful husband to thank for that.  He started the meal with a cheese tray consisting of Hoop Cheese (the guest of honor's favorite), Gruyere, and Parrano, with fig paste, candied walnuts, and balsamic syrup.  Then he prepared an amazing and colorful meal that we served buffet style.

Delicious Buffet

The salad was a Spinach Salad filled with delicious Strawberries, Candied Pecans, Feta, Bacon, and a Balsamic Vinegar Dressing.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Chicken fingers and a veggie tray of carrots, celery and ranch was aimed at pleasing the kids, but the adults were allowed to partake too.  The main course was his very own creation: Curried Stir Fry with yellow peppers, pineapple, and butter-cilantro basmati rice.  It is a perfect Gastrique!!

Curried Chicken & Pineapple Stir Fry
Veggie Tray
Basmati Rice

The birthday cake was specially ordered with a unique surprise for the birthday girl.  When she was growing up, her mom used to make a Caramel Cake with Coconut mixed into the icing.  So to remind her of her decadent days gone by, I had them sprinkle coconut over a portion of the cake.  It was Tasty and Beautiful!!

Caramel Cake Sprinkled with Coconut

So the Sweet Tea, Water, and Salt & Pepper would be readily available, I set up a Beverage Station on top of the microwave beside my place at the table.

Drink Station

I had seen so many of my blogger friends making the Martha Stewart Pom-Poms, so I decided to make some of my own to hang over the dining table.

Pom-Poms like Martha Stewart's

To welcome the Guest of Honor, I made a sign with scrapbook paper, ribbon, and a photo mat.

Birthday Welcome Sign

Since I shared this party on my previous blog years ago, I had a great time reminding myself about the party and all my years blogging.

Hope you enjoy!

Niki

*Sharing Here: Get Your Craft On

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Such a pretty party--I love the layers of colors on the table! The guest of honor was so lucky! :)

Niki said...

Thanks so much!! I love yellow and blue together. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

What a sweet party! Just so pretty and feminine! Have a good night!

Take care,

Trish