Monday

Guilt Free (& Gluten Free) Pancakes

Guilt Free Pancake Recipe

Yes! You heard me right! Guilt free! Of course, pancakes will never be the best breakfast food for you when it comes to health, but with this recipe, you can feel a bit less guilty about indulging in one of your most comforting foods.

Let's start off by knowing why eating pancakes can be a bit scary calorie wise. I recently joined Weight Watchers to shed a few pounds. This new lifestyle change has prompted me to find ways to make my recipes healthier with less points.  The recipe for Bisquick's Gluten Free Pancakes calls for only 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil. When I looked at how many points that was, it was 7 points and 248 calories! That's crazy and ridiculous!

Picture Source: www.simplebites.net

Now I know it is no secret to use applesauce as a substitute for oil, but I've never heard of people doing it for pancakes! So that's about it! This recipe is quick and easy on the stomach! Unfortunately I was unable to snap a picture of my pancakes, but they look just like regular pancakes would. 

When doing all of the calculating on Weight Watchers' eTools site, it comes to 2 points per pancake! That's awesome and guilt free if you ask me!!

Lower Cal Gluten Free Pancakes
  • 1 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 egg
Now just mix all of the ingredients together and cook like a regular pancake.  Use minimum butter and low-cal syrup and you're set! Enjoy!


Abby

*Linking up to Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Gluten-Free Bisquick-the best GF pancake mix I've tried e.g. Namaste, Bob's Red Mill, Pamela's, Arrowhead Mills, King Arthur and Kinnikinnick. I use vanilla egg protein powder instead of egg also.

Abby said...

I'll have to try that! Thanks for the tip!