Tuesday

Peanut Butter Pie Trifle



Not that long ago, a friend posted a picture on facebook of a trifle she made.  I instantly thought it was a peanut butter pie trifle.  WRONG!  It was a banana pudding trifle.  Although there is certainly nothing wrong with banana pudding, I was suddenly craving peanut butter pie and hoping to find a trifle that would cure my craving and be all the rave at my upcoming family gathering.

So, off to the web I went, hoping for just such a trifle.  When I couldn't find what I was looking for...  a little chocolate, some nutter butter cookies, and definitely peanut butter pie filling...I decided to create my own.




Peanut Butter Pie Trifle

Ingredients:
  
2 Containers (16 oz each) of Whipped Cream, thawed
1 Package Vanilla Instant Pudding, prepared according to directions on the box
1 Package (8 oz) of Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 Cups of Confectioner's Sugar
1 Cup of Peanut Butter
1 Cup of Milk (not including what is necessary for prepared pudding)
Mini Nutter Butter Cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped

Directions:

1.  Beat Cream Cheese and Confectioner's Sugar until combined.

2.  Add Peanut Butter and Milk and mix together.

3.  Fold in 1 package of Whipped Cream.

4.  Spoon half of this mixture in the bottom of trifle dish .

5.  Place Nutter Butter Cookies around the edge of the trifle dish partially in the Peanut Butter mixture to hold them in place.

6.  Sprinkle a small portion of the crushed Reese's cups.

7.  Spoon half of the Vanilla Pudding to create the next layer.

8.  Spoon half of the remaining container of Whipped Cream.

9.  Layer the remaining Peanut Butter mixture, followed by more Nutter Butter Cookies.

10.  Spoon the remaining Pudding, followed by the rest of the Whipped Cream.

11.  Top with chopped Reese's Cups and Nutter Butters.

12. Refrigerate atleast 1 hour before serving.


Niki


3 comments:

Abby said...

I can see this now at our Thanksgiving dinner! Can't wait to see you (and this delish dish)!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! This looks so delish I can hardly stand it. I am totally pinning and then will procrastinate on making it since I know I would just eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it's gone. :)

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I am obsessed with everything peanut butter!