Not that long ago, a friend posted a picture on facebook of a trifle she made that looked somewhat like the one found here at Squidoo. I instantly thought it was a peanut butter pie trifle. WRONG! It was a banana pudding trifle. Although there is certainly nothing wrong with banana pudding, I was suddenly craving peanut butter pie and hoping to find a trifle that would cure my craving and be all the rave at my upcoming family gathering.
So, off to the web I went, hoping for just such a trifle. Unfortunately, all I could find were peanut butter trifles that were more like this one from Taste of Home. Now I know this one is good because I have had it before, yet it still wasn't exactly what I was hoping to find on my internet quest. I wanted not so much chocolate, some nutter butter cookies, and a definitely peanut butter pie filling. So, I decided to create my own, combining the best of the above trifles and the peanut butter pie filling found at All Recipes.
It was a hit, and certainly satisfied my craving for Peanut Butter Pie, Nutter Butter Cookies, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
Peanut Butter Pie Trifle
2 Containers (16 oz each) of Whipped Cream, thawed
1 Package Vanilla Instant Pudding, prepared according to directions on the box
1 Package (8 oz) of Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 Cups of Confectioner's Sugar
1 Cup of Peanut Butter
1 Cup of Milk (not including what is necessary for prepared pudding)
Mini Nutter Butter Cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
1. Beat Cream Cheese and Confectioner's Sugar until combined.
2. Add Peanut Butter and Milk and mix together.
3. Fold in 1 package of Whipped Cream.
4. Spoon half of this mixture in the bottom of trifle dish .
5. Place Nutter Butter Cookies around the edge of the trifle dish partially in the Peanut Butter mixture to hold them in place.
6. Sprinkle a small portion of the crushed Reese's cups.
7. Spoon half of the Vanilla Pudding to create the next layer.
8. Spoon half of the remaining container of Whipped Cream.
9. Layer the remaining Peanut Butter mixture, followed by more Nutter Butter Cookies.
10. Spoon the remaining Pudding, followed by the rest of the Whipped Cream.
11. Top with chopped Reese's Cups and Nutter Butters.
12. Refrigerate atleast 1 hour before serving.